Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oklahoma Tragedy, May, 2013

Oklahoma Tragedy, May, 2013

 
Among the more thoughtless and cruel questions asked at a tragic time like this is, “Where is your God now?”  The foolishness of the question rests in the silly idea that those who so tragically died were also atheists.  Here is my answer:

He is walking among the dead holding their hands, and they are holding His.  The same God, Who walked in the fiery furnace with the three children, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah (aka Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego) walks with His dead today.  It makes no difference to us whether we live or die, even in the fiery furnace; He is always with us in life and in death.  To Him, death and life are the same; it’s just a change of residence for us.  Darkness is as bright as sunlight to Him.

God has called us, the living Christians to suffer.  It is foolish to believe that the dead in Christ must suffer any longer.  It is we who are left behind, who must continue to suffer.  As the Psalmist writes:

“I believed, therefore have I spoken.  I was greatly afflicted.  I said in my haste, ‘All men [are] liars.’  What shall I render to the Lord [for] all His benefits to me?  I will take the cup of salvation, and call on the name of the Lord.  I will pay my vows to the Lord now in the presence of all His people.

Precious in the sight of the Lord [is] the death of His saints.  O Lord, truly I [am] Your servant; I [am] Your servant, [and] the son of Your handmaid: You have released my bonds.

“I will offer You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call on the name of the Lord.  I will pay my vows to the Lord now in the presence of all His people.  In the courts of the Lord’s house, in the midst of you, O Jerusalem.

“Praise the Lord.” — Psalm 116:10-19

No comments:

Post a Comment